See below for details of upcoming Something for Everyone workshops, many of them available for free. Contact Jon on JAveyard@uclan.ac.ukto book your place.
· The Pleasure of Playing, with professional clown Angela de Castro. Sunday 7 May. Free.
· Carnival samba dance course, with dance leader Anna Debbage. Saturday mornings from 13 May. First session free then £2.50/week.
· Surreal and representational sketching, a two-day workshop with professional artist Faye Spencer. Sunday 14 May and Sunday 4 June. Free.
· Candomble singing and drumming, with candomble and bloco specialist Jon Hardeman. Saturday 21 May. Free.
· Samba drumming, with candomble and bloco specialist Jon Hardeman. Sunday 22 May. Free.
· Samba drumming course, with samba band leader Jon Aveyard. Wednesday evenings from 24 May. First session free then £2.50/week.
· Biodanza workshop, with biodanza specialist Maria Canizalez-Jerez. Thursday 15 June. Free.
For more information about these events, contact Jon on JAveyard@uclan.ac.uk.
· The Worldwise Samba Drummers, meeting most Wednesday evenings and frequently performing around Lancashire
· The Preston Samba Dancers, meeting most Saturday mornings and frequently performing alongside the samba drummers
· The Preston People’s Choir, meeting most Tuesday evenings with occasional performances
· The Preston Scratch Band, meeting twice-monthly on Monday evenings
· Conga Roots, meeting once-monthly on a Saturday afternoon
· The Rhythm Alley Jammin’ sessions, meeting once-monthly on a Saturday afternoon
For more information about these events, contact Jon onJAveyard@uclan.ac.uk.